|How to Treat Mosquito Bites in Toddlers|
Mosquito bites are a common skin problem in infants. Your child may not realize that the insect bites that itch would be severe. Mosquito bites can cause inflammation of the skin to become red, swollen and itchy. Installing netting is one way to prevent children from mosquito bites. But, you certainly can not carry it all the time, when children are outside the house. Here is a natural treatment to treat mosquito bites in young children, as reported in Boldsky.
1. Apply calamine lotion or cream that has anti-itching to prevent itching after insect bites.
2. If the child begins to feel itchy, apply more cream or calamine lotion to prevent child scratching mosquito bites bumps.
3. After being bitten by mosquitoes, itching can be very annoying. Compress the bite with water to get rid of the itching and treat mosquito bites naturally. Rub ice cubes on mosquito bites to relieve the itch.
4. Wash the mosquito bite with soap and let it dry. Do not use a towel! It makes the child not to scratch resistant. So, let air dry.
5. Mix the baking soda and cold water. Then wash the mosquito bite with these ingredients. This is the most common drug to treat mosquito bites in children.
6. If a toddler fever or cold 23 days after the mosquito bite, consult a physician. Sometimes, mosquitoes can also be dangerous.
Give your toddler clothes are covered to be free from mosquito bites. Close the windows and doors with mosquito nets to prevent mosquito entry.